Carramar Green and Tees Reconstruction
Reconstruction of Carramar Golf Course putting greens and tees with reticulation and associated site clearing works including grow in turf maintenance period.
The project requirements was to undertake the reconstruction of putting greens/tees, including reticulation, turf and associated site works. All work had to be compliant with the course architect's design and Specifications. Defined construction work for the putting greens and tees is outlined below:
Carramar golf course 4th green replacement, Tee No.15 realignment and resurface
- Grading with 0.25m contours incorporating the shape, size and location of all designed elements - putting greens, bunkers and associated work;
- Tree removal
- Cut and fill civil works to re-shape the green, bunkers and tees.
- Construction of putting greens, bunkers and tees (greens construction comprised of imported USGA specification sands placed on in-situ sandy material)
- Construction of pathways.
- Turfing of green surrounds and seeding of the green utilising pure distinction seed.
- Connection of new green irrigation to the existing irrigation system;
- Construction in accordance with the bill of quantities
- A proposed program of site visits and supervision was submitted prior to works commencing.
- Ten week grow-in maintenance period including mowing, fertilising and topdressing to ensure surfaces are ready for play.